Saturday 7 March 2009

New Contributor to Farm Blogs: Please meet Liz from the Mad Bush Farm.


I'd like to say a very large thank you to recommended farm blogger Liz at Goings on at the Mad Bush Farm in New Zealand, who has kindly agreed help me edit and keep up to date Farm Blogs from Around the World.


Liz and I will be sharing the workload and I hope this will reduce the delay in getting your recommendations up here.


(She is also going to be handling the blog full-time for a short while during an upcoming hospital stay I have to do in the next few weeks.)




Liz from Goings on at The Mad Bush Farm (NZ) and now Farm Blogs From Around the World Editor

Here's a bit more info about Liz:

Liz was born and raised in Auckland New Zealand.

While she doesn't have a background in farming directly Liz has always grown up around rural life and farming.


Liz has three daughters 24,11 and ten. She live with her two youngest girls on a small twelve acre farm surrounded by the animals they have mostly raised from young.

Her cartoons and articles have been published in Rural Living, Rodney Times and the Dargaville and Districts News.

She has a background in advertising, administration and Real Estate and Liz is also the current editor of their local town newspaper.

Liz is now writing a book and in July will she will be starting a Media & Communications Degree through Massey University.






I can't thank Liz enough and I hope that over time we can improve the quality and presentation of this blog, while keeping it's basic organic growth simple and user friendly - good bloggers recommending better ones leading to the best from around the world.

If you're interested in joining us as a volunteer editor (the workload isn't heavy but easier when shared, then drop me a line).

Onwards.


HELP SUPPORT FARM BLOGS FROM AROUND THE WORLD.
A big ask I know, but if you can, please help me support my time on 'Farm Blogs from Around the World' by buying, reading and blogging/reviewing my book:

A Place in My Country: In Search of a Rural Dream

It's about urban downshifting to rural England (and a bit more).

I don't take any advertising on this site but your support would help me show my wife that this blog project is more than me just pursuing my obsessive interest in all things farming/gardening/smallholding!

Please support your local independent bookshop, but (yikes!) dare I say it...

A Place in My Country: In Search of a Rural Dream (Amazon.com)
A Place in My Country: In Search of a Rural Dream (Amazon.co.uk)


A Place in the Auvergne
Ian Walthew




Farm Blogs
Ranch Blogs
Rural Blogs
Countryside Blogs
Smallholding Blogs
Urban Homesteading Blogs
Homesteading Blogs
Homestead Blogs
Allotment Blogs
Apiculture Blogs
Bee-keeping Blogs
Voluntary Simplicity Blogs
Eco Farm Blogs
Modern Homesteading Blogs


Auvergne
Auvergnate
Auvergnat
Auvergnats
France
Rural France
Blogs about France



No comments: