Monday 4 August 2008

New Blog: Food, Fun & Farm Life In East Africa

So much for my holiday, a change of plans; going next week.

Which is good because I can post about Food, Fun & Farm Life In East Africa ( http://www.foodfunfarm.blogspot.com/ )

I was put onto this fascinating African farm blog by an email I received from the lady who runs it, Lynda Hayes from the foothills of Kilimanjaro, East Africa.

There she lives on a remote 3500 acre farm in Tanzania. She and her husband Ivan grow wheat (for the local market), seed beans (for export to Holland) & safflower (for oil, exported to the USA).

Several of her blog posts regularly include info on the crops they are growing and challenges they may be facing with drought/crop disease etc.

Lynda also writes about their busy planting and harvesting seasons, and the Zero Tillage method of farming (they are amongst the first farmers in the country to introduce this method) and the equipment they use for this.

Lynda's blog is updated daily and is all about farm life, gardening, pets and what life is generally like in Tanzania.

She also includes many local East and South African recipes, and all Lynda's blog posts contain photographs taken by her.

Lynda is originally from Zimbabwe & "after an 11 year career in the hospitality industry (running lodges & camps) in both South Africa and Tanzania... breathing, living & sleeping food .... I got married, started a family & moved to a remote 3500 acre farm in the foothills of Kilimanjaro, with my husband, daughter, loyal staff & an assortment of rescued pets. This blog is about my day-to-day life on the farm ... what I cook, my recipes, pets, gardening & Tanzanian life in general. So welcome - or "Karibu" as we say here ... come & sit at my kitchen table for a while, and I'll make you a nice cuppa tea and we can talk about ... food, fun and farm life !"




www.aplaceintheauvergne.blogspot.com

Farm Blogs

No comments: